Saturday, October 23, 2010

Our Moon

Our moon isn't reliable, always changing positions and leading us in the wrong direction.
It doesn't matter though cause being lost with you isn't a miserable ending, it is instead my fantasy.
But without you, the moon hovers by my side, creating a shadow that manages to engulf me with its size.
That's when I need you to come with a torch and put the spot light on me.
Scare away the shadows, and lead me away to safety.

Our sun is too bright,  I'm scared it will burn out soon.
Fires are always extinguished before we sleep. It's a precaution.
Sometimes clouds make it hard for our sunshine to reach us. We are left with the small slits, cracks, that we try to warm ourselves with. Still, we are left cold, only warmed by each other's arms.

We can't rely on things that have been here forever.
Instead, we need to learn how to rely on each other.
It's hard. But we need to try.
You can always rely on me


Kimberley Doreen x

No comments:

Post a Comment