Thursday, October 4, 2012

Untitled - A very short, sad story.


We're walking together, hand in hand, in a crowd that engulfs us with its size. You turn to look at me and smile, oh that smile, it's so beautiful to see. You look away laughing to yourself, I pull you closer. We walk like that for a while, you pressing against my side, my hand and yours intertwined. As we continue, I peer down and see a coin, I let go momentarily. When I stand back up you're gone. I can see you no longer. I shout for you, but you're already lost somewhere in the crowd. People glance at me, they don't care. No one does. I drop the coin, and go in search of your hand which I mistakenly let go.
The crowd disperses, and yet still you are no where to be seen. I try to call , but then hang up when I remember you telling me how your phone was dying - how you didn't care. You told me it was okay because I got your full attention. We laughed.
I
'm not laughing now.
Where are you? I think. I can't think. I sit. I stand. I feel sick. I try to drink, but my throat closes up. I can't, I can't.
I remember now. I remember where you are. I walk quickly, my palms sweaty. I clench and unclench my fist - your palm belongs there. The path is small as it avoids the stones that are scattered here. I've found you at last. I knew you would be here. Ever since I lost you the very first time, I always return here to look for you, and you prove me right every time. I kneel down and run my hands along where you lie. I've missed you. I will aways miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment