Sunday, October 7, 2012

This is my homework. Done.

The day is dark. My mood is dark. My thoughts are dark. The ocean is angry. I am angry. The sand is being thrown around by the wind. I don't really notice. I pick up a shell and throw it. They aren't pretty today, not today. I want them away from me.
It starts raining. I curse. Of course it rains. I get up and jog along the sand. I stumble, but keep going. I walk up the boardwalk and duck into the trees. Great. Perfect.
"Anything else?!"
I look around. The trees shiver. I shiver. I peer down the dark, deserted track, and then start walking down it. I'm sheltered, but not entirely. A rain droplet rolls down my forehead, I let it drip off.
"Wow, great, great. What next? Please. Please, give me something".
I laugh. I can't stop. I just laugh. My clothes are saturated now, but I don't care anymore. I continue walking in the rain. Okay, it's okay.
I get to the main road. People look at me questioningly. I smile at them and keep walking. I get on the next train that comes and sit there humming to myself. Where am I going? I don't know. Somewhere. I squeeze my clothes and water runs off. The train stops and a few people get on. I look up after a few minutes, and I see a young man looking at me smiling.
The day is light. My mood is light. My thoughts are light.
"Hey"
"Hello"

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know you were such a beautiful poet Kim :o

    ReplyDelete