Sunday, December 19, 2010

Why so calm ?

Why do we feel so calm, standing on a pier that is being tormented by angry waves, pushing up against it's sides? Standing alone, straight, against the wind urging towards the edge.
Should we not feel frightened? Scared that the wind will eventually send us into the depths of the darkened water below?  But no, we continue to stand tall, searching the dismal horizon for a sign we're not alone.
Calm.

A storm is coming, and all I can do, is stand on the pier and feel completely calm in myself, my life and the world. Doesn't that make you question anything? Not my health or safety, but I suppose in a way, life.
How is it possible that while one thing is happening, however terrible it may be, something great is happening elsewhere?
I don't know the answer. I don't think I ever really will. But maybe I will be given hints throughout my life. Hopefully by the end of mine, I will know the answer.
By this time it will be too late to teach the children asking the same question. Maybe that's what life is about, searching for an answer and then finding it?
Beats me.

Kimberley Doreen xx

1 comment: