Thursday, December 23, 2010

Lost Drafts

We write our story slowly, editing its pages, making it sound as exciting as we can.
All our victories are recorded there, yet very little does it say about our defeats.

There's no shame in losing we're told, but if that's true, why do we not hear from them?? The losers?
No one wants to own up to it I figure. No one is strong enough to take defeat in their stride because they're ashamed.
Why be ashamed of your story? I don't understand.
Everyone's story is edited. No one keeps their drafts anymore. I suppose in a world like ours, they're just not good enough. The real stories. We're forced to make half of it up, just to hold the readers attention. Sad.

Well. I'm determined to change that. I'm going to tell my story like it's being written. I'm proud of my story, of my mistakes, my defeat, because it's me. Show me your draft, and I'll show you mine.
And we'll read it together.

Kimberley Doreen x

No comments:

Post a Comment