Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Stop Being Immature and Grow-Up. No.

As you get older, you grow and mature. At least that's what everyone says anyway.
For a long time I fought the growth and refused to accept the fact I was maturing, clinging desperatly onto my old ways of life. I'm too young to grow and mature just yet, after all. But for that time when I was refusing, I was also awakening.
Awakening to everything around me. My new way of life. When I was younger, certain things didn't exist, for the simple reason that I didn't know about them. Ignorance, they call it.
And maybe it was better that way.
I wouldn't know that the pretty stars, are actually just suns.
I wouldn't know about global warming, only that it was getting hotter.
I wouldn't know why we have war, only that people were fighting somewhere.
I wouldn't know how people die, only that God took them.
I wouldn't know about anything that doesn't effect me.
That's what they call selfishness.

I still don't know what it's called.
Perhaps it's called youth.
Kimberley Doreen x

No comments:

Post a Comment