Thursday, September 23, 2010

Solitude

I always find certain feelings can produce the finest pieces of art.
For me, those feelings can be solitude, contentment and of course the creative bug.
A few days ago, I wrote a poem. I suppose it's quite average, but when you re-read it twenty two times (like I've done) you find there is actually a meaning/story there.

Enjoy, Kimberley Doreen x

_______________________________________________________________

Solitude isn’t a phase
Nor is it an escape
Isn’t a clichĂ©
Just an isolated place

Go there to think
Take a lot of time
Don’t hurry back
To the world that is mine

Down to the beach
Hidden behind the trees
Is where my secret’s kept
Between just you and me

We remain silent
Nobody knows
Only each other
As far as truth goes

One day we’ll hear noise
Coming pretty soon
People here to visit,
Breaking our solitude

1 comment: