Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Love Is In the Air

Love is in the air, or is it?

For months now, I have increasingly grown agitated when people declare "I love you" over facebook.
I mean, how romantic?
It's not just that though, this growing trend of declaring our love, has imapacted me in a way that confuses me. We are living in a society, surrounded by children who want to grow-up. We don't want to wait until 18 to smoke or drink, nor do we want to wait until we are ready to love.

It's hard to pipe down and let this carry on. You're fourteen/fifteen, quite frankly, you do not know what love is. For youse who know me, yes, I do not have a boyfriend, let alone have ever dated, but I do not think this matters at all. I'm proud and happy to be a single teen :D

So, what is the true definition of love?
feel tender affection for somebdy
What's my defition of love?
To allow someone into our thoughts and hearts and to be allowed into theirs

Don't lock yourself down. These are our years to be spontaneous and have fun, so why give that up and say "I love you"? enjoy your freedom whilst you can

Kimberley Doreen ;)

1 comment:

  1. heh, iv been tied down. i havnt been single in 3 years (not for more then a day..) i wish in a way i was single, yet i enjoy the one i love.

    ReplyDelete