Sunday, July 31, 2011

Past vs. Present

Face pressed against the white towel, I breathe deeply, trying to inhale as much salty air as I can before my next. I turn my face to the side and look out at the crystals bouncing on the water's surface, blinking twice to re-adjust my eyes to the sudden increase of light.
This is the moment where I forget last night's happenings and instead focus on where I currently am.
I should have done that this morning, but instead my mind was still locked on the ideas of yesterday. Well, not anymore.


Heat finds me, even though it has to pass through at least two layers of clothing. I smile quietly to myself.
The warmth offered is accepted gratefully, although the possibility of sunburn is rejected politly.
Now, today.

Have you ever heard the saying, that if the body experiences the same thing enough, your body syncs the same actions automatically?
We wake everyday without fail, and most of the time we repeat the same thing we did yesterday. Perhaps a slow stretch and a quick yawn or maybe our face muscles tightening in response to our alarm's loud sharp ring.
Our muscles remember, our bodies remember.
So this already sets us up for fail. Right? I mean if we already wake doing the same thing as yesterday, of course our minds are going to remember the thoughts that followed, and then the experiences witnessed and the experiences in which we participated.
This means that we're already thinking about yesterday instead of what's happening now.
Our past reigns over our future.

Just take time to relax and forget yesterday, for you're already living tomorrow.
Kimberley Doreen x

1 comment:

  1. We may be set up to fail in that way, but our mind can always preveil. We can always change anything about ourselves from within oursleves, and we're never alone in those changes our friends are always there to help us with anything we need... Keep on posting :P

    ReplyDelete